Friday, December 12, 2008

Potty Training Little Boys

I think DJ is ready for the potty even though he's just 19 months old. He can tell me when he has gone "pee-pee" and "poo-poo". He even knows what the potty is, he just won't sit on it without his diaper on. He treats the potty like his own personal chair. He carries it around and sits on it to watch tv. He even uses it as a stool at times.

I figured, hey if he knows what he's doing, he can use the potty. Well...we were at home the other day and I was thinking ok, I'm gonna get him to use the potty of it kills me. Well...put flowers on my grave. I let him walk around the house without his pamper on. All was well unitl I saw him peeing in front of the tv. I grabbed him and put him on the potty and he stopped instantly. So, I figured he must be finished. I let him up and he went right back to the tv and peed!!!! I grabbed him again and put him back on the potty. He stopped mid stream...again!!! Then he asked for his pamper.

Ladies what should I do? He's too young for the "shoot the cheerios in the potty" game. He'd just eat them out of the potty. For my moms with little boys, how did you do it? I'm dying for some ideas. Please help!!!!

No comments: