Monday, August 11, 2008

At my Wits End

Well, I'm glad I enjoyed the going out with the hub last month because I don't think it'll ever happen again. I was on vacation last week which had been planned for the last 5 months or so. I was supposed to visit a dear friend in Portugal but because $$ is so tight and gas prices are so ridiculous I had to postpone my trip. Anyway, I mentioned to Duane we should do some day trips for the kids and then spend some time together just the 2 of us. Nothing extravagant just some QT. We took the kids for a picnic at a lake one day and then to Dutch Wonderland another day. I even had the opportunity to hang out with my aces (my BFFs) one night. I was really expecting Duane to ask me out on a date or say something about going out on Friday night (since our weekend was booked with other family activities) but he never did. He decided to volunteer to work Friday night at his second job. Yes, I said VOLUNTEER to work. He didn't even discuss it with me. I was so disappointed. I didn't say anything because, really, what good would it have done? Do I really have to ask you to take me out? Or not even take me out just spend some damn time with me? I was so hurt. So, I am placing that ad Ladies (see Out With the Hub at Last). And if you see me out with a fine-ass 18 year old just smile and give a sista a high-five.

No comments: